market-farming - Re: New Farmer's Market

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Joan Vibert <joan AT windwalker-farm.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: New Farmer's Market
  • Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 08:56:40 -0500

Tracy - are you new to farmers' markets or growing? If its farmers' markets
then The New Farmers' Market is a great book - wish I'd had it when I was
starting to sell at market.

If you are new to growing, then Eliot Coleman's books, The New Organic
Grower, is great.

I know that both of these books are available from Lynn Byczynski at Growing
for Market - pertinent info below:

800-307-8949
http://www.growingformarket.com

And welcome to the totally consuming world of attempting to grow food in the
face of what seems like ever-increasing obstacles. Actually, I'm only
partly kidding about the obstacles - we've had a week of nights at 40º after
a week of days topping 95º - the half-bolted lettuces have no idea what they
are supposed to do!

But I wouldn't do anything else - I love it!

joan
windwalker farm
ottawa, kansas