market-farming - Re: Eating locally

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Del Williams" <delannw AT dlogue.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Eating locally
  • Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 11:18:51 -0500

Allison,
I realized after reading some of the other posts that I interpreted your
question differently by focusing on the benefits to the community, local
business, etc. and didn't focus on the produce itself.

In terms of research design - my specialty (besides my great herbs) - what
sorts of questions would you want to answer from research on the "locally
grown" question. Well, what is/are the question(s)?

I encourage you to give the Texas A&M Extension service a call. Apparently,
some efforts to do research on farmers' markets has occurred with their
sponsorship. There are also other marketing studies that have been done
around the country.

I'm still working on our customer survey for the market this summer. I'll
send it along to the market farming group when it is completed.

Del