market-farming - Re: Insecticidal soap spray

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Jill Taylor Bussiere" <jdt AT itol.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Insecticidal soap spray
  • Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 12:09:26 -0500

If you're
> having any problems with slugs beer is EXTREMELY effective. I think it
was
> UBC that did a study on slugs and found high malt beer to be more
effective
> than slug traps (we brew our own for this problem). > Jacqueline

Jacqueline,
I have never known anybody before who brewed beer for slugs:^) What a
way to go! Reminds me of Soylent Green - the part where the guy has a glass
of wine and watches movies of what the earth used to look like when there
were flowers and grasses and trees and he is listening to Beethoven's
Pastorale. Anybody else know that movie?

Jill