market-farming - Re: Insecticidal soap spray

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Marie Kamphefner <kampy AT grm.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Insecticidal soap spray
  • Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 12:29:52 -0500

Reminds me of Soylent Green - the part where the guy has a glass
of wine and watches movies of what the earth used to look like when there
were flowers and grasses and trees and he is listening to Beethoven's
Pastorale. Anybody else know that movie?

Jill

Yes! People would go there to die peacefully, then their bodies would be processed to make "soylent green," the most popular food for the hordes. Charlton Heston was in the movie. The hordes were warned that they were eating human remains but they didn't care - they loved the soylent green. I don't remember what they made the other soylents out of, but they weren't nearly as popular.

Marie in Missouri