market-farming - Re: Earthway Seeder Info.

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Kevin Ancell" <kancell AT goodearthgardens.com>
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Earthway Seeder Info.
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 11:48:10 -0600

Joan-

I use a Monosem vacuum planter. I have NEVER had a problem as they are a
precision planter. You can find them at auction in areas that grow alot of
cucumbers or veggies. The headquarters for them is in Kansas City on the
Kansas side.

http://www.monosemplt.com/
http://www.monosem.com/

I can't tell you how fantastic these planters are. I have never had a
problem weather planting beet seeds, peas, beans, corn or pumpkin seeds. I
plant on some wonderful rock free ground and some very rocky ground and have
never had a problem. I just replace a plate and adjust the vacuum for each
different seed. Setting the seed spacing is as easy as moving a chain. I can
plant as close as 1.5 inches to a maximum of 45 inches which I use for
pumpkins.

Regards,

Kevin Ancell
Good Earth Gardens L.L.C.