market-farming - Re: bale wrap & peas

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: cathy mcgregor-smith <mcsmiths AT elgin.net>
  • To: market farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: bale wrap & peas
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 13:49:57 -0500

in our part of ontario canada....several farmers bale their hay in large round
bales.......these are held together with bale wrap....
the kind we purchase is about 4 ft high and a couple thousand feet long.
it is black plastic netting material.
we use stakes every so many feet to support it and the peas grow into it and
hang on
with tendrils.
we plant a double row of seeds and the netting is between the rows.