market-farming - Re: Earthway Seeder Info.

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Joan Vibert <joan AT windwalker-farm.com>
  • To: market farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Earthway Seeder Info.
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 12:14:28 -0600

My most creative activity I do with the Earthway is to raise it in the air
and threaten to throw it across the field when I am trying to use it to seed
peas and other round seeds. For some reason they get in behind the plate
and begin springing out everywhere. At first I thought it was the
inoculants acting like a graphite to slick the sides so the peas could slip
under but that doesn't seem to be the case. I've tried the next size larger
plate - to no avail. Does anyone have a suggestion? I planted Austrian
winter peas this fall and ended up broadcasting and raking them in because
the Earthway WOULD NOT WORK. I love it for many seeds but this has me
stymied!

joan
Windwalker Farm
Ottawa, Kansas