market-farming - Re: humic acids

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Victoria M. Bhavsar" <toria AT pop.uky.edu>
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: humic acids
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 12:20:52 -0500

Hi Alex,
Thanks for your info...I had not thought to look at Foodweb. There are
products on the market that come from Leonardite shale; you spray them on
and they are supposed to be miraculous. That sort of thing was what I was
curious about, I should have been more specific. Now, is compost
considered humic substances or would it be more considered particulate
organic matter? Obviously it's a mixture but is the main proportion HS or
POM? Or would it actually depend upon the composting process (e.g.,
fast=POM slow=HS because of the microbial colonies available?)
Thanks,
Victoria

At 11:51 AM 01/18/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>Victoria,
>
>I don't buy humic acids, I "make" them through composting. But Here's
some info on them
>from Elaine Ingham's Soil Foodweb web site:
*************************************
Victoria M. Bhavsar
Dept. of Agronomy
N106R Ag. Sci. North, UK
Lexington, KY 40546-0091
606/257-2103
...But other seed fell into good soil and brought
forth fruit, some an hundredfold, some sixtyfold,
some thirtyfold... St. Matthew 13:8

  • humic acids, Victoria M. Bhavsar, 01/17/2001
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: humic acids, Alex McGregor, 01/18/2001
    • Re: humic acids, Victoria M. Bhavsar, 01/18/2001
    • Re: humic acids, Alex McGregor, 01/23/2001