market-farming - Drying Strawberries

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Allan Balliett <igg AT igg.com>
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Drying Strawberries
  • Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 18:34:51 -0500

I have a CSA member who is egging us to dry strawberries this season. I've never seen dried strawberries on the market and I'm not finding any specific mention of them in my drying books nor in a web search. I love dried cherries, that's for sure. I'm going to try a few pounds of strawberries in the drier tonight, but I'm wondering: anyone have experience drying strawberries for resale?

Thanks

-Allan
Claymont Farm