market-farming - Re: Organic Fertilizer ?s

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: robert schuler <sunnfarm AT bellatlantic.net>
  • To: market farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Organic Fertilizer ?s
  • Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 21:06:01 -0400

Hey Dave, 10 lbs/1000sq ft of 13x is equal to 56 lbs per acre each of
NPK, 12% bloodmeal has 12 lbs of nitrogen per 100 lbs, so you would have
to apply about 500 lbs per acre bloodmeal to reach the recomended level
of nitrogen and you would do the same for P&K, but the only problem is
that organic fertilizers have so much unavaliable fertilizer that
releases later that using the simple percent numbers becomes a very un
exact science, most organic growers that I know just depend on there own
gut feelings and compost building formulas and measure there soils by
the harvest results not the lab...
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ...