market-farming - Re: What's a comparable to an Allis G?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Dave Perkins" <wyndym AT vaxxine.com>
  • To: market-farming
  • Subject: Re: What's a comparable to an Allis G?
  • Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2000 8:10:52

The "G" is the one for cultivation....and now it has become trendy almost
and demand is high.....I was thinking of one a few years back when they
were mostly sought out by collectors but now they are back working and hard
to find...so I went with an Allis "B"......it came with a 60 series
cultivator which is like a "G" set of diggers on a belly mounted
frame....lifts up real high and extra weight,PTO and height of the "B"
makes it work good for all types of row crops....in a lot of different set
ups....you can even put all the accessories like rotary hoes and different
sweeps on it and do 2 rows at a time easily while watching the crop from
the seat (looking straight down at the front wheels)....best part...."B"'s
are cheap......very cheap in some areas......