market-farming - What's a comparable to an Allis G?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Mark and Linda" <highhopes AT adiis.net>
  • To: <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: What's a comparable to an Allis G?
  • Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2000 21:25:24 -0500

We are contemplating our first tractor (as much as we love the wheel hoe!) and have decided that the Allis G is a great tractor for our scale - especially the visibility in front for cultivating.  Like buying a new car, I want to avoid "I have to have it at all costs syndrome" and not consider other options.

What are you folks finding working well for a small-scale tractor for a market vegetable and flower farmer?   Anybody using a G and loving/hating it?

Mark & Linda
High Hopes Gardens
Melbourne, Iowa