market-farming - RE: plug flats and washing

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Wiediger, Alison" <awiediger AT Hart.k12.ky.us>
  • To: 'market farming' <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: plug flats and washing
  • Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 07:38:57 -0600

We always tell beginning growers that this is a good idea. However, in
practice, if we have a flat of something that has a disease problem, we
throw the flat away, and otherwise we re-use without even washing. In 10
years, hasn't caused a problem yet, but we acknowledge that it COULD, and
advise others to do as we say and not as we do.

Paul and Alison Wiediger
Au Naturel Farm
Smiths Grove, KY
http://www.aunaturelfarm.homestead.com