market-farming - Re: Help w/Soil temps and Larkspur

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Peg Cook" <pegcook AT northnet.org>
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Help w/Soil temps and Larkspur
  • Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2000 08:49:32 -0500

Rose,
I live in northern NYS and the soil will still be colder than the air temps.
Usually it is not the sun that eventually warms the soil up, but, warm
rains. I check soil temps beginning the 1st of May for my Farm Customers
and I have seen soil temps as low as 38 to 42 degrees down 2 inches in the
soil and 32 to 38 down 4 inches down.

Hope this helps!

Peg Cook, Agronomist
Cook's Consulting