market-farming - plug flats and washing

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Lee Lawton <llami AT teleport.com>
  • To: market farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: plug flats and washing
  • Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 16:39:34 -0800

For those of you who grow from seed, I'm wondering about the necessity of
sterilizing plug flats and other materials before reusing them. I've been
dipping my used plug flats in a big bucket with a bit of bleach and lots of
water in it, and I do the same with 6-packs and other pots I've gotten back
to reuse. It is a bit of a pain to do this....I don't even like to wash
dishes, let alone hundreds of pots, so I'm wondering if it is really
necessary.

Any opinions out there?

Lee Lawton
Over the Rainbow Farm
hoping there are still folks out there wanting to talk

--
Sowe Carrets in your Gardens, and humbly praise God for them, as for a
singular and great blessing.