market-farming - Re: electric netting

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Glenn <glenn AT smallfarms.com>
  • To: market farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Cc: goodearth AT rockbridge.net
  • Subject: Re: electric netting
  • Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2000 13:32:34 -1000

Hey Andy,

> But, when I'm in a hurry and away from the tractor I use the touch test. I
> wear leather boots with synthetic soles so even a full charge from the fence
> doesn't hurt all that bad.

An old rancher taught me to take a blade of dry grass or a twig,
anything organic will do. Hold the blade of grass in your fingers and
touch the wire with it. Slowly feed the blade of grass toward the
wire. If the fence is on, the pulse won't be as severe. Go....very...
slow..ly.

glenn
Buy from the Farmer
http://www.smallfarms.com