market-farming - Chastising on list

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Andy Lee & Pat Foreman" <goodearth AT rockbridge.net>
  • To: market farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Chastising on list
  • Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2000 13:24:19 -0500

> If I do something wrong before the whole list, then chastise me before
> the whole list.
>
> Liz

Liz, in "net" lingo this chastising thing is often looked upon as flaming,
and is a practice I despise. However, I will share with you my opinion of
your
frequent posts to this list.

My opinion is that you are alienating me from the list. I know I can delete
your messages, but I first have to read enough of each one to make a
decision whether to save or delete. What a bother when there are 20 or 30
messages from you each day. At the same time, I sincerely want to have the
benefit of the good information that you do have to share. For example, your
post on fish meal is excellent, and very appropriate for the list, and I
quite likely will check them out and buy product from the company you
recommend.

This is just my opinion, not meant to be argumentative, and please know that
I am one of the ones who has complained to the list moderator, and I am
going to disconnect from this list rather than be annoyed every morning when
I open my mail.

Thank You,

Andy Lee
Good Earth Organic Farm
Good Earth Farm School
Good Earth Publications
Tiny House Company
Buena Vista, Virginia

  • Chastising on list, Andy Lee & Pat Foreman, 02/07/2000