market-farming - Re: 15 Minutes of Fame, Part 2 (fwd)

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Sue <swtgrssfrm AT nls.net>
  • To: market farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: 15 Minutes of Fame, Part 2 (fwd)
  • Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2000 19:03:13 -0500

Hi,
My husband and I have had a market garden and have sold grass-fed beef,
lamb and poultry
for the past 6 years by direct marketing. I would be glad to talk about our
experiences
if you would like. In addition to the farm I have 3 young children so we
also work along
side each other with small ones in tow. I came to this farm after being
raised a city
girl so I went thru some major culture shock at the beginning. I do think
that my
husbands style and my own compliment each other so we have "assigned" each
other areas of
expertise but it is always a learning process!
Sue Steiner
Sweetgrass Farm
3505 Rohrer Rd.
Wadsworth, Oh. 44281