market-farming - Re: electric net fencing/making it work

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Michaele Blakely" <mjb AT premier1.net>
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: electric net fencing/making it work
  • Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2000 18:19:03 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: Allan Balliett <igg AT igg.com>
To: market farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
Sent: Sunday, February 06, 2000 9:25 AM
Subject: Re: electric net fencing

> Premier Fencing sells this. They have a website, but I don't have the
> URL. Probably most of the 'professional' NZ-oriented fencing
> companies are using it now.
>
> We use it here (for the chickens) and swear by it.
>
> -Allan Balliett
> Claymont Farm

We use it also, but it took us a year to figure the voltage needed to be
high enough to shock the chickens through their feathers. (feathers make
great insulation). I tried all sorts of silly ideas and wasteful time
trying to keep those birds in. Once you get the technique down it's a
simple matter to move it around.
Check a farm supply store, if they don't have it they probably know about it
and could get it for you.
Michaele
Growing Things
Carnation Wa
> --
>
> ---
> You are currently subscribed to market-farming as: mjb AT premier1.net
$subst('Email.Unsub')