market-farming - Re: electric net fencing/making it work

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Allan Balliett <igg AT igg.com>
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: electric net fencing/making it work
  • Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2000 18:59:21 -0400

You say you keep your charger at 7000. Being someone who does thing by feel
so to speak, how do you measure that? A voltage regulator? I'm not sure I
understand. The charger I have just sets out a certain amount, can you
change the amount going out, or is it like I've done, by just shortening the
fence? Do you have a specific charger you use?

I inherited a digital fence tester. I've only got about 300 ft of netting on it. I take the reading at the 'far end.' I'm using a plug-in-the-wall charge that cost about $89. It's the housebrand from Family Farm, I believe. I also have a battery-powered charger that will also reach the 6-7k range. I was using a solar charger for a while, but it didn't hold up for long.