market-farming - Re: Seeders

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Marc & Marcy <marc AT aculink.net>
  • To: market farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Seeders
  • Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2000 22:25:16 -0700

Hi Andy (glad to see you here!) and any others who can help,

I was planning to purchase an Earthway seeder this year as
we expand our planting area which will include among other
things, an acre of cantelope, a sizeable plot of sunflowers
and extensive cover crops (thank you all for the discussion
on tilling). After the recent discussion on Earthway
seeders, I'm reconsidering. I just pulled out my reference,
your Backyard Market Gardening book, and wondered if you're
still using the three-abreast Earthways?

Sounds like they have problems with sunflower seeds and fine
seeds, but I haven't seen any other suggestions. Does
anyone have something they WOULD recommend?

Thanks for writing your book, Andy. It was my original
inspiration to do this!

Marcy Nameth
SE Colorado

Mary Hoelterhoff wrote:

> E&R Seed
> 1356 E 200 S
> Monroe, IN 46772
>
> Sells earthway seeder for $67.95 (includes freight charge)

  • Re: Seeders, Marc & Marcy, 02/03/2000