market-farming - Re: Orchards and fruit trees

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Marcie Rosenzweig <fullcircle AT jps.net>
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Orchards and fruit trees
  • Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 12:54:05 -0800

Hi all,

Some years ago I picked up what I thought was an excellent book. I've yet
to try the techniques, but it looks good.

It's called Intensive Orcharding: managing your high production apple
planting
Published by Good Fruit Grower, Yakima WA the technical editor is A.Brooke
Peterson

chapters headings are
Basic Concepts in Pruning and Training
Physiological Aspects of Pruning and Training
Light Interception and Utilization in Orchards
Spur Quality, Light Management, and Renovation Pruning
Deciding on a High Density Orchard System
Caomparison of Slender Spindle and Vertical Axis
Support Systems for High Density Orchards
Effect of Tree Density on Profitability
Adapting a High Density System to Your Needs

There's a lot on trellis systems, good drawings

You can get this book from
Good Fruit Grower
1005 Tieton Dr
Yakima, WA 98902
(509) 575-2315

$10.00 plus $3.00 s&h

if any body has read it and used the techniques, let us know.

Marcie A. Rosenzweig
Full Circle Organic Farm
Auburn, CA