market-farming - Re: Production methods: tillage, beds, rows, etc.

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Marcie Rosenzweig <fullcircle AT jps.net>
  • To: "market farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Production methods: tillage, beds, rows, etc.
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2000 23:51:06 -0800

Hi all,

I, too, thought the Earthway seeded too densly especially carrots an
smaller seeds. I took clear package tape and blocked every other or every
third seed hole. Good results, just remove the tape immediately after.
Earthway seems to be particularly fussy about how much seed is in the
hopper. I have more trouble when it's overfilled than when it's
underfilled.

Marcie A. Rosenzweig
Full Circle Organic Farm
Auburn, CA