market-farming - Re: A Singing Pig:

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: BBGREGSON AT cs.com
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: A Singing Pig:
  • Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2000 22:45:35 EST

Shelley's comments about letting the community know we're here are right on.
After the WTO inspiration---and it absolutely was for those who attended the
"alternative" farmer day---a group of us have started to meet on Vashon
Island to develop a new food system, starting with our community. So far
we've a vision and mission statement and are now wondering how best to
approach the broader community to start the wheels turning. The crucial
linkage is consumer to farmer. Without that connection, all is lost. With
it, all is possible.
Bob Gregson, Island Meadow Farm, Vashon, WA