market-farming - Re: A Singing Pig:

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: SCook21809 AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: A Singing Pig:
  • Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2000 14:45:07 EST

Holly made an important distinction here,
<< All I was saying was that trying to make the existing setup in your
downtown area work for you when it obviously is such a flawed model would be
a huge drain of your energy and resources that could better be spent
implementing your plan of finding an alternative setting that WILL work for
you.>>

The "Market Square" I spoke of earlier is the culmination of four years
of work and compromises the Farmer's Market Assoc. made when we got evicted
mid season from a green in front of a strip mall. It wasn't working for
anyone. We learned from our mistakes and pushed ahead. But moving forward
was a four year process. Its a good thing that farmers are eternal optimists
and never quit.
Good luck Liz. I think it is very important for you to organize other
growers so you can push ahead with a consolidated effort. Politicians will
try to divide and conquer you.

Art Biggert
Ocean Sky Farm
Bainbridge Island, WA