lyceum-users - [Lyceum-users] separate blog vs. portal page

  • From: "Anton Zuiker" <zuiker AT gmail.com>
  • To: lyceum-users AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Lyceum-users] separate blog vs. portal page
  • Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 20:49:49 -0400

I've installed Lyceum at storyblogging.org/blogs/lyceum/ but
am getting the 404 errors as mentioned in
http://wiki.lyceum.ibiblio.org/index.php/Troubleshooting.

My host (Textdrive) support team says "the default .htaccess file expects Lyceum to be at /lyceum, while it in fact is at /blogs/lyceum now. You need to adjust that location in the .htaccess file."

So, how do I do that? What do I put in my .htasccess file?

And, separate question: the support docs and wiki aren't very clear about what the portal page is versus a separate blog. The FAQs mention the difference between running Lyceum and a separate Wordpress blog, but I was hoping there'd be a doc about the best way to set up a home blog (at storyblogging.org, e.g.), though I could figure out that I'd probably just install WP the regular way.

Anton

--
Anton Zuiker
Editor, journalist & weblogger