lyceum-users - Re: [Lyceum-users] separate blog vs. portal page

  • From: Scot Hacker <shacker AT berkeley.edu>
  • To: lyceum-users AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Lyceum-users] separate blog vs. portal page
  • Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 11:01:18 -0700

From: "Anton Zuiker" <zuiker AT gmail.com>
Subject: [Lyceum-users] separate blog vs. portal page

My host (Textdrive) support team says "the default .htaccess file expects
Lyceum to be at /lyceum, while it in fact is at /blogs/lyceum now. You need
to adjust that location in the .htaccess file."

So, how do I do that? What do I put in my .htasccess file?

I have a similar setup (lyceum installed down a couple directories from the docroot). My .htaccess file includes:

RewriteBase /projects/citmedia

and towards the bottom:

RewriteRule ^([^/]+)/? /projects/citmedia/index.php?b=$1 [L,QSA]

and in wp-config.php:

define('WEBROOT', '/projects/citmedia');

and it all works. I also followed the instructions to : "move /src/ lib, /src/config, and /src/installation to within src/lyceum, and then change PRIVATE_REL_PATH in src/lyceum/private.php accordingly"

That worked fine as well. Actually, I'm curious why this isn't the default setup. Why should those dirs live outside of the installation directory to begin with? Security? I guess I can see that, but sure don't want to put lib, config, and installation dirs in amongst our hundreds of other projects in the /projects dir.

Scot

--
Scot Hacker, Webmaster
Graduate School of Journalism