lyceum-users - Re: [Lyceum-users] separate blog vs. portal page

  • From: John Joseph Bachir <jjb AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: Shahrooz Bhopti <drivencompassion AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: lyceum-users AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Lyceum-users] separate blog vs. portal page
  • Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 02:16:30 -0400 (EDT)

hopefully the portal theme will be in the next release. the file structure change won't be for quite some time.

On Wed, 13 Sep 2006, Shahrooz Bhopti wrote:

Coupled with Ken's work on a new front page theme
http://source.ibiblio.org/trac/lyceum/ticket/464 - Lyceum will be smokin!
should i save that comment for 1.0 :-)

Shahrooz

On 9/12/06, John Joseph Bachir <jjb AT ibiblio.org> wrote:

On Tue, 12 Sep 2006, Scot Hacker wrote:

> Actually, I'm curious why this isn't the default setup. Why should those
> dirs live outside of the installation directory to begin with? Security?
> I guess I can see that, but sure don't want to put lib, config, and
> installation dirs in amongst our hundreds of other projects in the
> /projects dir.

Yes, security. FYI, in the future we are actually going to move almost all
of the files back into the traditional wordpress tree, other than the
config file and perhaps the plugins directory (to project customer
closed-source plugins).

John
----
aim/yim/msn/jabber.org: johnjosephbachir
713.494.2704
irc://irc.freenode.net/lyceum
http://lyceum.ibiblio.org/
http://blog.johnjosephbachir.org/