lyceum-users - Re: [Lyceum-users] Master site admin privalages over multipul blogs

  • From: John Joseph Bachir <jjb AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: lyceum-users AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Lyceum-users] Master site admin privalages over multipul blogs
  • Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2006 22:58:11 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 6 Sep 2006, Sam Shogren wrote:

_Problem_, I want to establish each blog as the overall administrator using the same username (admin) and email address - but the program wont let me. (sharing violation?). I would like to post across all blogs as the administrator for the site under the title "admin". So far to create the each blog I have created a user name and email that reflects that region, but I don't want to switch between 9 different user names as the admin for the site. In creating the blogs I can't create a user named 'admin'....and I can' seem to use my site admin privileges to do so either....did I miss something when I installed?

the initial admin user cannot have permissions on blogs. it is intended not as a "person" but as a "root" account for the entire lyceum system. however, as such it is can create and manage any and all content on all blogs on the system, so in the default state has the behavior you seek. however you are right, you will have to create a dummy user for each blog you create. creating no-user blogs is somethign i hadn' ttought about but it a simple feature. make a ticket for it :)

http://wiki.lyceum.ibiblio.org/index.php/Trac_Guide

John
----
aim/yim/msn/jabber.org: johnjosephbachir
713.494.2704
irc://irc.freenode.net/lyceum
http://lyceum.ibiblio.org/
http://blog.johnjosephbachir.org/