lyceum-users - Re: [Lyceum-users] Question Before the Marriage to Lyceum

  • From: "Samiuela LV Taufa" <nomoalist AT gmail.com>
  • To: <lyceum-users AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Lyceum-users] Question Before the Marriage to Lyceum
  • Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 20:56:11 +1000

2nd the motion by Rick.

From someone that has been burned twice by insecurities in phpBB rev. 2.

it just comes down to monitoring (using RSS feeds at the moment) the announcements by the devs at phpBB. Both times I was hit, it was about two weeks after the patches were released by phpBB devs. So, the blame is on myself for having a known insecure environment running.

I'm using phpBB because it fits with what my users want and has user synchronisation with the portal software I use (http://www.xaraya.com)

It looks like there's a module for synchorinising between phpbb2 and usernet, but unfortunately I can barely get responses from http://www.phpbb.com at the moment.

Fudforum.
On the other hand, Fudforum.org is forum software that I investigated and would fit my environment, except for that integration with Xaraya.
It states on their features page (http://fudforum.org/features.php) that:

  • NNTP & Mailing List integration, allowing FUDforum to be used to archive newsgroups & mailing lists, as well as allow forum members to post messages to newsgroups and mailing lists via the forum.
    What little I have played with it (exporting my phpbb2 data) it seems to have the same/smiilar featureset as phpbb2

    Both php GPL software