lyceum-users - Re: [Lyceum-users] Question Before the Marriage to Lyceum

  • From: "Flavio Jarabeck" <fjarabeck AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Asheesh Laroia" <asheesh AT asheesh.org>
  • Cc: lyceum-users AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Lyceum-users] Question Before the Marriage to Lyceum
  • Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 15:01:58 -0300

On 8/10/06, Asheesh Laroia <asheesh AT asheesh.org> wrote:
On Thu, 10 Aug 2006, John Joseph Bachir wrote:

I think we should have some forum software that acts as a frontend to the
mailing list.  That way, everybody wins.

If you bug me about this next week, I'll look into finding some for you.
(-:

Agreed. A Forum will help those starters/newbees on the subject (like me) to search for answers. And it would also promote your product in an non-direct way - many people "sense" the forum's activities before make a decision in using a product.

I'm also studying several forums solutions and found that the best of the breed is VBulletin (but it is a commercial solution - you have to pay for a license). The second option would be SMF (Simple Machines) and the third would be the well known phpBB (but I read in many sites that it has several bugs regarding security, so a deeper study would be good before a final decision).

Hope this helps...

Cheers from Brazil!

PS: I have other questions but I will post them separately with the proper e-mail subject.

:)