lyceum-users - Re: [Lyceum-users] Question Before the Marriage to Lyceum

  • From: John Joseph Bachir <jjb AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: lyceum-users AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Lyceum-users] Question Before the Marriage to Lyceum
  • Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 02:52:59 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 10 Aug 2006, Flavio Jarabeck wrote:

I'm also studying several forums solutions and found that the best of the breed is VBulletin (but it is a commercial solution - you have to pay for a license). The second option would be SMF (Simple Machines) and the third would be the well known phpBB (but I read in many sites that it has several bugs regarding security, so a deeper study would be good before a final decision).

Thanks for the info, I've been trying to decide which software to use. Interestingly my coworker at my new job is a VBulletin contributor, but it not being free or open source I think it's not a good fit for Lyceum.

Okay, I will try to do this within the next week. Does anyone have any more feedback about which forum software to use?

John
----
aim/yim/msn/jabber.org: johnjosephbachir
713.494.2704
irc://irc.freenode.net/lyceum
http://lyceum.ibiblio.org/
http://blog.johnjosephbachir.org/