lyceum-users - [Lyceum-users] frustrated newbie asking for installation help

  • From: Joe Harkins <joehark AT earthlink.net>
  • To: lyceum-users AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Lyceum-users] frustrated newbie asking for installation help
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 19:15:14 -0400

I'd like to install Lyceum but the installation instructions are pretty opaque and are rife with assumptions.

To start with, I have a dedicated managed server (Red Hat) on which I host a number of web sites. The root in which each domain is installed is public_html.

The instructions say, "leave the directory structure as it is and set the documentary root of your web server to src/lyceum."

What is a "documentary root" ? and where is it?

Does this instruction intend for me to create a folder (somewhere? where?) called "src" and then a folder within that called "lyceum"? And if so, why does it say "set" and not "create?"

So I'm not off to a very good start. I would truly appreciate some guidance.