lyceum-users - Re: [Lyceum-users] frustrated newbie asking for installation help

  • From: Jameson Lopp <fusion AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: lyceum-users AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Lyceum-users] frustrated newbie asking for installation help
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 10:35:23 -0400

Hm for some reason the email I sent yesterday never propagated through the list server, so here it is:

The installation.txt assumes you are installing lyceum as the only application used by the web server. In your case, don't worry about the 'document root' business, just place the lyceum files (the contents of the src folder) in a directory that your server has read / write permissions to and modify the wp-config file so that the paths are correct.

- Jameson

Fred Stutzman wrote:
The document root is the "base directory" where your files are served from. For example, if yourhost.com/foo.txt is served out of /users/bob/html/foo.txt, then /users/bob/html is the document root. If you are to install lyceum in /users/bob/html/, you should set the document root to /users/bob/html/src/lycum.

Hope that helps,
Fred