livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Former inspector lifts lid on the murky world oforganic food

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Aliza Vanderlip <songbird97520@yahoo.com>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Former inspector lifts lid on the murky world oforganic food
  • Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2011 22:38:47 -0700 (PDT)

Sometimes - The big Vaner Eyke dairy in California was decertified.  It was a 3500 cow operation and while Aurora was only given a slap on the wrists they did greatly diminish the amount of cows they were running on their desert dairy .....

I totally agree about big ag in general and big organic as well but to paint such a broad brush really is a disservice to the growers that follow the rules and really believe in organic growing.....

This is just a case of vote with your dollars.  If given a choice between local/ small companies or cascadian/Horizon type companies choose the former even if it costs a bit more......I wont buy dole organic bananas myself or heinz organic ketchup KWIM?

Blessings,

Aliza
Some Kinda Wonderful Farm
Ashland, Oregon

“Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.” Howard Thurman