livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] chicken and rabbits

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: moon@ceva.net
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] chicken and rabbits
  • Date: Thu, 05 May 2011 09:03:50 -0500

Meat rabbits seem to be the cheapest keep. What else would they need by clover and a cage? You can buy rabbit in the frozen section, from China,a national discrace.
Ken, where can we read your articles? I'm not getting back into chickens till i can grow food for them.I tried the 'free rangers' from PA, guess I have to go out w/ them and show them how it's done. This is hemp history week. Wouldn't that make a good roaster?

From VICFA:

George Washington is quoted as saying:

"Make the most you can of Indian hemp seed and sow it everywhere."
This week, May 2 - May 8, 2011
is Hemp History Week.
Hemp is one of Earth's most sustainable, versatile and profitable crops. It is among
the oldest industries on the planet, going back more than 10,000 years to the beginnings
of pottery. The Columbia History of the World states that the oldest relic of human
industry is a bit of hemp fabric dating back to approximately 8,000 BC.

Hemp History Week is a national grassroots education campaign, which is designed
to renew strong support for hemp farming and processing in the U.S.

Did you know that America's history is rooted in growing hemp?

Thomas Jefferson once said, "Hemp is of great importance to our nation," and yet
today, the U.S. is the only industrialized nation where growing hemp domestically
is prohibited. That is why we are advocating that the U.S. federal government change
its policy towards industrial hemp, which confuses oilseed and fiber varieties of
Cannabis grown for food and industry with drug varieties of the plant.

Hemp History Week seeks to:

* Celebrate America's rich history surrounding hemp farming, processing and marketing
before it was banned and to educate the public about the barriers to hemp farming
in the United States.
* Engage consumers by highlighting the range of hemp products available and the
nutritional as well as environmental benefits that they provide.
* Advocate for a federal policy change while sending a strong, positive message
to President Barack Obama and Attorney General Eric Holder to end the ban on hemp
farming and let farmers once again grow the versatile and profitable crop.
May 2 - May 8, you can get involved during Hemp History Week and help to support
the goals outlined above.
For more information on ways that you can help, the history of hemp, and the importance
of awareness, please visit www.hemphistoryweek.com [http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?llr=swmpzcdab&et=1105371056402&s=179&e=0014aLHOg1FNf6ieiXOWlFL7RFvmTa4ZrSzgCllZcMnreyLPqkNgC5pqAmAFpeIJRSLK8tsUUMN-pyVebe9vYFTsMG9nxZVkFqfvVmalHGdczUIbp9c6tKbDA==]
or www.votehemp.com [http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?llr=swmpzcdab&et=1105371056402&s=179&e=0014aLHOg1FNf4Xq4RVg_wXRFN0NpHV78_IphjmTbuF5emtmio2u0Vs9AfujJZ4EOnQ8tnSNeeOZZ3mYJHpfsILHi-vsYjO1Lxhpwl_zb42ZBI=]

VICFA Communications
VICFA