livingontheland - [Livingontheland] eggs, how to tell quality of

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Debbie McDonald <lbirke1@yahoo.com>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] eggs, how to tell quality of
  • Date: Mon, 2 May 2011 16:22:36 -0700 (PDT)

I bought some free range eggs local to me and I wondered about them. The yolks break easily and lay very flat prior to breaking, not more plump like other eggs. I assume the red dot in one was something to do with fertilized? The yolks had strange clear like spots in them too. She had quite a few dozens of eggs on her counter and I assume that some of them are not that fresh?