livingontheland - [Livingontheland] Population

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Ken Hargesheimer <minifarms2@yahoo.com>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] Population
  • Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2011 12:45:58 -0800 (PST)

The one way to stop "over population" is education.  In every country I have lived or worked in, the higher the educational level, the less children couples have.

I learned in Nigeria that children are "insurance for parents old age".  20% die before age 5. Other children die due to whatever.  A large number of children provides a number of children to provide for the parents in old age.

Organic, no-till farming will support the population of the earth regardless of how high it goes.

Ken Hargesheimer