livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] garden weather

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Joan Vibert <joan@windwalkerfarm.com>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] garden weather
  • Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2011 10:55:53 -0600

Title: Re: [Livingontheland] garden weather
I keep thinking about the good lettuce and greens in our high tunnels but it would be a big effort to dig out the doors – there’s about 15 – 18”
of snow up against them.  Its even too cold (wind chill –21º) to get the tractor out for clearing the drive – if the tractor would even start.  But its a perfect day for planning out seed starting for the season.  Just printed off blank calendar pages and move sticky notes around as needed.  Good work for a day like today.

Joan
Windwalker Farm
Ottawa, KS