livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Egg Production

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "John D'hondt" <dhondt@eircom.net>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Egg Production
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 23:15:36 -0000

Title: Re: [Livingontheland] Egg Production
We have about 15 cocks of different breeds doing the rounds. We feed them but for the rest they do their own thing.
john
What old breeds are you talking about and do they lay that long?  Our barred rocks and araucanas are good for about 3 years it seems but do live longer (and we feed them).