livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Egg Production

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Pete Vukovich <pvukovic1@yahoo.com>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Egg Production
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 00:19:59 -0800 (PST)

Sort of depends on the breed, and the chicken, less light is supposed to make them lay less often in general. Calcium supplements help keep the shells thick which makes them last longer, we found if they layed under shady brush most of the eggs were good for a week even in 70 or 80 degree weather as long as they got a good amount of calcium during laying season.