livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] about biochar and food

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Tradingpost" <tradingpost@lobo.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] about biochar and food
  • Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2010 07:59:19 -0700

There is doubt about the "Gulf Loop Current" stalling due to BP and reports
may be months out of date by now. There's an informative page on thermohaline
circulation (Gulf Stream for the rest of us...) at
http://www.cru.uea.ac.uk/cru/info/thc/ and it says:

"A recent intercomparison of changes in the North Atlantic THC simulated by a
number of different General Circulation Models as a response to global
warming (Gregory et al. 2005) showed that the THC weakens gradually in all of
the climate models that were investigated, but it collapses in none of them."