livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] about biochar and food

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Tradingpost" <tradingpost@lobo.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] about biochar and food
  • Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2010 17:04:05 -0700

Of course we don't all have to agree; that could get pretty boring, and
besides that's how we learn isn't it. I don't even agree with every little
thing I pass on, and we take everything with a grain of salt hopefully.

That said, I wouldn't make a good doomsday prophet myself, but on the whole
I'm more than convinced all these circumstances are converging. Some facts
I'm certain of, that millions are being lavished by certain billionaires and
vested interests on talk show characters to ridicule climate change. And it's
strains belief that global warming is a worldwide conspiracy by tens of
thousands of scientists and some governments, all with nothing to gain from
it.

But I don't pass on a lot of evidence etc. about it because I think it's more
in the future, and I'm not interested in winning arguments, and the economy
and energy are more immediate concerns for local food security - I think
they're extreme concerns. Besides, way too many people need to grow food
anyway just to make ends meet right now - with real unemployment and
underemployment close to 20% (shadowstats.com). Frankly, even for us on
retirement there's usually too much month left at the end of the money ;-)