livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Chicken feed

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: TheStarNav@aol.com
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Chicken feed
  • Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 22:09:57 EDT

I would hope to heavens that feeding anything, including ourselves, would never be only about reading labels on bags of stuff.  It is good to be aware, however, of what is IN that stuff in the bags, since bagfood is used of necessity by many.  sorta like knowing what all is in a Big Mac....the thing won't biodegrade but a tiny bit over a  year.  I've eaten lots of Big Macs.  Sure not the best thing for me, not done every day, but they've had their time and place, and I've been grateful.

Obviously, the best quality in, produces the best quality organism...us, chicken, dog, cat, amoeba.  Sometimes, we also have to do the best we can where we are with what we've got.  that's where intricate knowledge is imperative!

It will be a pleasure to read your information.