livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Transition Lifestyles: becoming peasants

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Tradingpost" <tradingpost@lobo.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Transition Lifestyles: becoming peasants
  • Date: Mon, 06 Sep 2010 10:56:10 -0600

But let's look at the way things are today. If you're laid off or suddenly
unable to work for various reasons, then you may become dependent on
uncontrollable factors for food (and shelter). Further, safety is a nagging
fear with food. The high consumption, inactive, drugged, malnourished
lifestyle ensures the next generation a shorter lifespan. Chronic disease
only gets treated for the symptoms, not the causes, and often goes untreated,
in our medical system. Finally, look at the attitude of the richest 1% in our
society who get much, much richer - while the middle class keeps losing
income and gets taxed for foreign wars.

Some can work around the system and cope by getting back to the land, some
can't. In any case the numbers show we're slowly but surely being turned into
peasants now. I might as well try to get used to it. But realistically I'm
one of those who won't make it through if worst comes to worst.