livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Lester Brown on rising temperatures

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Harvey Ussery <harvey@themodernhomestead.us>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Lester Brown on rising temperatures
  • Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 06:38:12 -0400

On 08/11/2010 11:56 PM, Tradingpost wrote:
"As long as we value healthy food and cooking so much less than doctors and
hospitals, we will keep paying more and more for doctors and hospitals."

Or as Wendell Berry put it: "People are fed by the food industry, which pays no attention to health, and are healed by the health industry, which pays no attention to food."

--
Harvey in northern Va
www.themodernhomestead.us

Whoever really has considered the lilies of the field or the birds of the air
and pondered the improbability of their existence in this warm world within
the cold and empty stellar distances will hardly balk at the turning of water
into wine--which was, after all, a very small miracle. We forget the greater
and still continuing miracle by which water (with soil and sunlight) is
turned into grapes. ~Wendell Berry