livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Lester Brown on rising temperatures

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Pego Rice <firekeeper38@yahoo.com>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Lester Brown on rising temperatures
  • Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010 14:22:16 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Paul

I think that is inaccurate.  That extended period was only 1-2 degrees warmer at most and we had neither the population nor the rapid industial heat ramp up that we are currently experiencing.  The "majority" of climatologists that I am seeing agree both to that and that this ramp up will cause our climate to overshoot that 2 degrees quite badly.

One to 2 degrees coming on so violently will cause quite a number of disruptions in our weather, which we've already begun to see, however, if we can restrain ourselves sufficiently in time to stop a greater increase, the damage will be somewhat manageable.  There were actually 2 of those warm periods, the second was the time oif the Dark Ages when England grew grapes.

<<Most climate experts agree that during the Greek classical period temperatures were some 3-4 degrees warmer than today.

There is no doubt we need to lower our carbon footprint. This will happen either as a conscious effort or as an act of omission.>> Paul the Skeptic>>