livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Peak Food: Can Another Green Revolution Save Us?

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Tradingpost" <tradingpost@lobo.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Peak Food: Can Another Green Revolution Save Us?
  • Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2010 11:28:07 -0600

I agree, and at this point so would Borlaug. He said as much. And about young
people in general, and the "sixth extinction" already in progress. Those
degenerative diseases eat up two thirds of our total health care budget, but
are almost unknown in much of the world's "undeveloped" regions. IMHO it's
more than loss of crop nutrition, it's the slow poisoning in the processed
corporate food industry. Vitamins and fiber processed out, transfats,
hydrogenated oils, MSG, added salt and sugar processed in. No wonder.

I don't want to get too far out on a limb here, but it's almost like Mother
Nature is starting to fight back for all our depredations. Lovelock and Dr.
Lynn Margulis brought up the idea that Gaia is a whole living organism simply
reacting to unnatural disturbance in the order of things.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaia_hypothesis#The_Revenge_of_Gaia