livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Garden plans

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Tradingpost" <tradingpost@lobo.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Garden plans
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2010 14:42:04 -0600

Hey Ken, it never occurred to me and I'm a big fan of soil cement. I believe
you, it takes a sledgehammer to break it and I used those proportions a while
back in testing. You've seen houses of soil cement? Or just floors? If I
could build right now I'd find a way to use soil cement. After all, adobe is
commercially stabilized with asphalt or Portland and resists weathering just
fine. Somehow the idea of building with what's beneath your feet has an
appeal to me.