livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Garden plans

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Norma Sutton <sweetspringfarm@gmail.com>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Garden plans
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 00:35:12 -0400

Hi Paul,
If you just clip them up on lightweight posts they will sag without some major bracing.  Actually goats will walk normal field fence to the ground . . . don't ask me how I know lol.  The fencing I moved was 2x4 woven fencing.  It was worth reusing.  The area it was in was storm damaged.  I had a tree come down across the barn and fence in that area.  I didn't want to risk loosing animals there so I took it loose, rolled it up and finally wallowed it into the bed of the truck.  By the time I had it to the new location and got it set up I decided that the panels were worth the extra cost lol
Norma